Books account for the majority of the Helvetica collection and include the entire output of Swiss publishers on all subjects and in all languages.
Content and scope
- Almost 15,000 new (printed) publications per year
- All books published in Switzerland
- By Swiss or foreign authors
- Works on Swiss topics or people
- Edition publications, publications by governmental and non-governmental organisations based in Switzerland as well as art galleries and museums, and self-published works
- In print or in digital form (e-books)
- One copy of each publication is deposited and archived.
- On paper or digital
- Digital publications are collected selectively.
- No legal deposit requirement, but books are collected under an agreement with Swiss publishers’ associations
Research and access
- Documents listed in Helveticat
- Listed in the national bibliography “The Swiss Book”
- Annual production statistics drawn up by the NL
- Full texts in the e-Helvetica Access database
Last modification 19.07.2023