The Swiss National Library has been collecting printed music since 1918.
Content and scope
- Works published by Swiss music publishers
- Works of Swiss composers published abroad
- Musical adaptations of texts by Swiss composers published abroad
- Compositions that deal with Switzerland
- Compositions by members of the Swiss Musicians’ Association SONART (copies of music manuscripts are supplied to the NL by SUISA)
- Recordings of music when they are attached to publications. The collection of Swiss music recordings is held at the Swiss National Sound Archives in Lugano.
- One copy of each publication is deposited and archived
- On paper
- Documents listed in Helveticat
- One issue per year of “The Swiss Book” has been devoted to printed music since 1956.
Last modification 18.03.2019