Daniel Spoerri is internationally renowned as the most outstanding exponent of Eat Art, Nouveau Réalisme and Fluxus. In 1996 he donated his entire archive to the Prints and Drawings Department of the Swiss National Library (NL).
The Daniel Spoerri archive is an extensive reference archive for research into the work of the internationally renowned artist and the international art scene, especially Eat Art, Nouveau Réalisme and Fluxus, from the 1960s to the present day. It is an invaluable part of the NL’s collection of contemporary art.
Content and scope
The Daniel Spoerri archive is a prime example of an archive documenting an artist’s life. It comprises:
- Artistic works by Daniel Spoerri such as graphic works, sculptures, objects, editions and artists’ books
- Exhibition concepts
- Documentation on his exhibitions and banquets, records of the organisation of his exhibitions
- Extensive photographic documentation
- Texts and publications
- A library
- Correspondence with artist friends and institutions
- Personal documents
- Audiovisual documents
- Documents on the Il Giardino di Daniel Spoerri sculpture park in Seggiano, Italy
- Stand-alone works by artist friends
- Scholarship on the work of Daniel Spoerri
- The aim is to compile the most complete possible archive collection on Daniel Spoerri.
- The archive is continually expanded with current and future Daniel Spoerri documentation and is integrated into the collection.
Research and access
- Information about the Daniel Spoerri archive is available on request.
- Originals can be consulted on site (by appointment).
Last modification 03.06.2019