The National Library is a pleasant and attractive place to study and work. It offers workstations, media and modern infrastructure spread over three levels and a number of reading rooms. Staff are on hand at all times to help you make the most of them.
Range and access
- About 100 workstations with power points
- 14 individual study carrels for exam revision and research projects: bookings from 1 week (minimum) to 6 months (maximum); carrels must be occupied for at least 5 half days per week
- 1 group study area: this can be reserved either by the hour or for a whole day either by phone or on-site. It is not possible to reserve for multiple dates at the same time. We only accept one reservation per group.
- WiFi and eduroam access throughout the building
- 12 workstations with PCs for bibliographic searches in the online catalogues, databases and the internet
- 1 workstation for the visually impaired
- individual study carrels: CHF 50 deposit (reimbursable)
Making a booking
Places are usually available in the reading rooms. However, a limited number of workstations may be reserved in advance if needed. Half-day (9 a.m.–2 p.m. or 2 p.m.–6 p.m.) or full-day reservations for workstations may be made up to one week in advance. Reservations are to be made through your patron account. If problems occur, please contact us by telephone on 058 462 89 35 or directly at the information office (Mon–Fri 9 a.m.–6 p.m.).
We recommend booking the individual study carrels and group study areas in advance:
- Call us
- Send us an e-mail
- Ask at our information desk
Reservationsbedingungen für Arbeitskabinen und Gruppenarbeitsräume / Conditions de réservation des cabines et espaces collectifs de travail (PDF, 261 kB, 24.11.2020)
Last modification 23.03.2022
Swiss National Library
Information Retrieval Service
Phone +41 58 462 89 35