The National Library is a pleasant and attractive place to study and work. It offers workstations, media and modern infrastructure spread over three levels and a number of reading rooms. Staff are on hand at all times to help you make the most of them.
Range and access
- About 100 workstations with power points
- 14 individual study carrels for exam revision and research projects: bookings from 1 week (minimum) to 6 months (maximum); carrels must be occupied for at least 5 half days per week
- 1 group study area: this can be reserved either by the hour or for a whole day either by phone or on-site. It is not possible to reserve for multiple dates at the same time. We only accept one reservation per group.
- WiFi and eduroam access throughout the building
- 12 workstations with PCs for bibliographic searches in the online catalogues, databases and the internet
- 1 workstation for the visually impaired
- individual study carrels: CHF 50 deposit (reimbursable)
Making a booking
Places are always available in the reading rooms. You do not need to reserve.
We recommend booking the individual study carrels and group study areas in advance:
- Call us
- Send us an e-mail
- Ask at our information desk
Last modification 24.11.2020