The SLA reading room is open Mon–Fri 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Range and access
- Original documents from the SLA can only be viewed in the SLA reading room.
- Use is subject to the relevant agreements and the Regulations on the Use.
- Please contact us at least 14 days in advance if you wish to consult original documents on site.
- Photographing documents in the SLA reading room is not permitted.
- If they are not subject to copyright or you can produce authorisation from the copyright holder, you may photograph them in a separate area under the supervision of the staff member responsible.
- Published sources such as newspaper and magazine articles, books, programmes, etc. may also be photographed in a separate area under the supervision of the staff member responsible.
- To request copies of documents kept in the Swiss Literary Archives (SLA), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before placing your order.
- Materials that have been digitised and are available online can be found in the HelveticArchives, Open Government Data and e-manuscripta databases.
The estates can be consulted free of charge.
Last modification 18.05.2021