The Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) in Library and Information Science is a joint venture between the University of Zurich’s Institute of Philosophy and Zurich Central Library.
The Swiss National Library (NL) offers a placement for students taking this course.
- Learning the basic tasks in information and documentation: collecting, cataloguing and making accessible
- Gaining an insight into the key methods, challenges and topics in library and information science
- Gaining an insight into management, administration, public relations etc.
- University degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s)
- Good knowledge of German and French or Italian plus English
- Sound general education, talent for organisation, ability to think logically
- Ability to work independently, interpersonal skills and interest in IT
- The course begins in August of every odd-numbered year.
- The placement at the NL is advertised during the previous summer under “Current vacancies” for 1 May in the year the course starts.
- The deadline for applications is specified in the advertisement.