The following equipment for copying and consulting documents is available in the public areas:
- Printers: You may use the PCs in the information room on level 1 as well as on levels 2 and 3 to print in black and white or colour. Printers are located in the information room.
- Photocopiers: There are two photocopiers, one located near the circulation service on level 1 and one on level 2. Copy cards may be purchased from the circulation desk.
- Book scanner: located in the information room on level 1. This scanner allows you to make paper copies or save digital ones to a USB thumb drive.
- Microfilm readers and scanner: located in the reprographics room on level 1 (close to the microfilms of Swiss newspapers). The microfilm scanner also has a USB port enabling you to save digital copies of articles to your USB thumb drive.
All other devices are connected to a printer that you may use to make your own paper copies.
- Multimedia and audiovisual documents: these may only be consulted at the Swiss National Library. VCR, DVD, CD and audio cassette players are located on level 3. CD-ROMS and DVDs in current formats can be viewed on the PCs located in the public rooms.