A total of 20 PCs can be found either in the information room on level 1 or on levels 2 and 3. These PCs come with standard office applications and are connected to the Internet. They may also be used to search through the Swiss National Library's online catalogues and resources.
The link in the column beside contains a list of the Swiss National Library's online resources, which are freely accessible. These resources can only be consulted at the library itself.
The Swiss National Library offers the following forms of Internet access:
- Access via the PCs located in public rooms: a code may be obtained from the information desk.
The rates are as follows:
- The first hour is free of charge
- Then CHF 4.- for each started thereafter
No codes, fees or time constraints apply to consultation of the Swiss National Library's online catalogues and resources.
- WLAN access: Under the name «gov-public» WLAN is offered to the guests of the NL. To use this free service an online registration is required. On site you receive the authorization code and a descriptive guide of the FOITT (Federal Office of Information Technology, Systems and Telecommunication) how to use the WLAN. When you have registred the login information will be sent by SMS to your cell phone. This login is valid for seven days.
- Wifi access with eduroam: this network allows users from participating Swiss and foreign teaching and research institutions to access the wifi network of any eduroam-enabled institution by using the same identification parameters.