Up to and including 5 June the circulation desk is open from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; the reading rooms, public areas and exhibition will remain closed.
From 8 June the library will be operating normal hours (Mon–Fri 9 a.m.–6 p.m.). The reading rooms, public areas, exhibition and bistro will be accessible again.
Until 5 June the library remains open on a limited basis; as of 8 June we will once again be providing the full range of services on Mondays to Fridays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Services until 5 June
You can contact us for enquiries from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., either by telephone on 058 462 89 35 or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. It will be possible to order research and reproductions again.
You can order documents on loan for home use and extend loan periods again yourself. On request, documents will be sent to you by post, and you can return them in the same way. The circulation desk is open for telephone enquiries from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The circulation desk is open Mondays to Fridays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Visits to the library will be organised as follows:
- A maximum of one person is permitted at the desk.
- Safe-distance markings will be in place for people waiting.
- A maximum of four people may be in the library area at any one time; others must wait in the corridor.
- It is not necessary to wear a mask as long as distancing requirements are complied with. If you wish to use a mask, please bring one with you.
- If you only want to return documents, you can also deposit them in the book return cupboard near the cloakroom
- The reading rooms, open stacks, information desks, exhibition and bistro are closed.
- There are still no arrangements for viewing documents that can only be consulted in the reading rooms on site. This also applies to the holdings of the Swiss Literary Archives and the Prints and Drawings Department.
Operations from 8 June
The most important protective measures still apply: keep your distance and comply with the hygiene requirements. The NL is responsible for implementing the protection plan for libraries on its premises. Thank you for helping us to do this and complying with the instructions of our staff.
Specifically, we would ask you to assist us with the following:
- Please note the information on the maximum number of people allowed in the various rooms.
- Please disinfect your hands before using the computers and other equipment in the library.
- Please keep your distance when queuing at the circulation desk or talking to library staff and other visitors.
From 8 June you will once again be able to consult documents on site and work in the public areas. In order to comply with hygiene and distancing requirements we are only offering a limited number of workstations. Some of these can be booked in advance from 5 June:
- 16 workstations are available on levels 2 and 3 and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- 14 workstations in the large reading room must be reserved in advance.
Reservations can be made no more than one week in advance, either one workstation for half a day (9 a.m.–1.30 p.m. or 1.30 p.m.–6 p.m.) or one for a whole day.
We strongly recommend making reservations by phone (058 463 89 35) or at the information desk (Mon–Fri 9 a.m.–6 p.m.). We regret that we cannot guarantee prompt processing of reservation requests made by e-mail.
Last modification 04.06.2020