The library is open to the public. Guided tours for groups of up to 10 people are being allowed again. Changes may occur at short notice depending on the course of the pandemic.
Operations at the National Library (NL)
The most important protective measures are: keep your distance, comply with the hygiene rules and wear a mask. We recommend vulnerable people to have any documents that can be borrowed for home use sent to them by post. You can also return documents using the book return cabinet by the cloakroom.
The NL is responsible for implementing the library protection plan on its premises. It is assisting the authorities with contact tracing (please report to reception – thank you).
To consult documents from the Swiss Literary Archives and Prints and Drawings Department, please e-mail email@example.com or Graphische-Sammlung@nb.admin.ch as usual to arrange an appointment.
Guided tours for groups of up to 10 people are allowed. The “Bistrot L’esprit nouveau” will be closed until further notice.
Health protection measures in the library.
Thank you for your support, and for following the instructions of our staff:
- Masks must be worn throughout the NL. Please bring a mask with you, put it on as soon as you enter the building and keep it on until you leave.
- Please follow the instructions concerning the maximum number of people permitted in the various rooms.
- Please disinfect your hands before using the computers and other equipment in the library.
- Please keep your distance when queuing at the circulation desk or talking to members of library staff or other visitors.
- Please stay at home if you have a high temperature, a cough or other symptoms associated with COVID.
- Only one person at a time may approach the circulation and information desks. The desks are fitted with protective Plexiglas screens. All surfaces are cleaned several times a day.
Reserving a seat to work on site
- In order to comply with the health protection measures, the number of workstations is limited, and in some cases a reservation is required. Half-day (9 a.m.–2 p.m. or 2 p.m.–6 p.m.) or full-day reservations for workstations in the ground floor reading room may be made up to one week in advance. Reservations are to be made through your patron account. If problems occur, please contact us by telephone on 058 462 89 35 or directly at the information office (Mon–Fri 9 a.m.–6 p.m.).
- The reading rooms on levels 2 and 3 are accessible without reservations on a “first come, first served” basis.
Last modification 19.04.2021