The stricter corona rules brought in by Canton Bern apply to the National Library from Monday, 26 October 2020. Changes may occur at short notice depending on the course of the pandemic.
Temporary closure, initially until 7 December
- All reading rooms: library, Swiss Literary Archives and Prints and Drawings Department and information room
- Study carrels
- Exhibition and audio tour
- Tours and events in the library are suspended
The following remain open
Circulation desk: open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The cubicle for returning books at reception will also remain open.Recommendation: you can also use the post for documents on loan.
- Information is available by telephone, e-mail from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.: firstname.lastname@example.org and telephone 058 462 89 35
- Thematic and bibliographical research
- Ordering reproductions
- For information on the holdings of the Swiss Literary Archives and the Prints and Drawings Department, please contact email@example.com or Graphische-Sammlung@nb.admin.ch.
- Bistrot «L’esprit nouveau» open from 11 a.m. to 2.30 p.m.
The following rules still apply when visiting the NL:
- Masks are compulsory in the Swiss National Library's public, freely accessible indoor areas.
- Visitors are asked to bring their own mask.
- Please wear a mask from entering to leaving the building.
- Keep your distance.
- Comply with the hygiene requirements.
- Follow the instructions of our staff.
- Please stay at home if you have a fever, cough or other CoVid symptoms.
Please observe these rules. They will help to protect you, other visitors, and us.
Last modification 19.11.2020