The National Library is currently open as normal, Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. You can visit the Prints and Drawings Department and Swiss Literary Archives by prior appointment. See below for an overview of the current corona rules. Changes may occur at short notice depending on the course of the pandemic. Check this page for details.
- Library, exhibition: Mon–Fri 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Prints and Drawings Department: visits by prior appointment (phone +41 58 462 89 71)
- Swiss Literary Archives: visits by prior appointment, Mon–Fri from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (phone +41 58 462 92 58)
- Bistro: Mon–Fri 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Please keep your distance when queuing at the circulation desk or talking to library staff and other visitors.
- There is a maximum number of people permitted in each room. Please comply with the instructions.
- 32 workstations are available. Reservations are not required. If you want to be sure of having a place you can book, no more than one week in advance, by calling +41 58 462 89 35 or in person at the information desk. We regret we cannot accept reservations by e-mail.
- Please disinfect your hands before using the computers and other equipment in the library.
The basic rules still apply:
- Keep your distance.
- Comply with the hygiene requirements.
- Follow the instructions of our staff.
Please observe these rules. They will help to protect you, other visitors, and us.
Last modification 08.09.2020